Monday, September 26, 2011

Carjacked....again

Okay, well clearly I wasn't carjacked in the sense that someone stole my car, but this strange thing happened to me today that has happened once before. I'm not sure if it's a common thing around here, or if I just have really strange "luck". I am sure that this kind of thing doesn't happen in the US, or at least not the US I remember...Ahhh, it's been so long.

So, I was driving home from my morning class at about 9am (also about the same time the previous incident occurred.) I was stopped at a stoplight when all of the sudden my passenger door opens. I woman leaned in and asked if I would mind giving her a ride downtown. "Ummm, sure, ok." I answered (except in German). I definitely felt more prepared and less shocked as this was my second German carjacking. So, she got in and I gave her a ride downtown. Of course we chatted, about work and how she was running late, and my work, and how the weather was nice, and how she thought I looked like a safe person to catch a ride with (no comments on my driving please ;))

That was about it. Completely uneventful. Just like the last time it happened about 6 months ago when I helped a woman who was late for her driving test. You would think that in driver's ed she would have learned not to open a strangers car door uninvited...Of course they have stricter gun laws here, so maybe your worst consequence would be getting driven to a German beer festival or being yelled at in German (which can be scary and always reminds me of some world war two movie - am I allowed to write that?)
Anyway, that's all I had to say about that.
The End

2 comments:

Lolo said...

lmao... what the hell? i cant believe that has happened to you before! i would DIE.

C. M. said...

Ha! I love it! I wish things were that comfortable over here!